Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jobnab is a SCAM

I just received an email from Angela Brown from jobmatching@jobnab.com that said the following:

Report Abuse
Hi Samantha,

I saw your resume online and think you'd be a perfect fit for the Customer Service position I'd like to fill. I work with many companies in your area who are looking for someone with your experience. Use the link below to confirm your interest and learn more about the position:

JobNab.com

Shortly after your registration is completed successfully, you will be contacted with the next step in the process.

Thank you,

Angela Brown
Regional Recruiting Manager

JobNab, Inc.
7635 Ashley Park Court, Suite 503
Orlando, FL 32835

Please do not Reply to this email. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you just need help registering, please visit JobNab.com/help for assistance.

If you would prefer not to receive further notices from JobNab, please follow this link to unsubscribe. 
I've never signed up for jobnab before so it makes me wonder where they saw my resume or how they got my email address.. hmmm... third party job sites selling my info? or might it be that job scam I accidentally signed up for at johnsonandarmelconsulting.com after doing a job search yesterday. Great, what did I get myself into.
I did a quick google search of "jobnab review" and it quickly got me to a consumer protection site, "Jobnab Reviews-SiteJabber Consumer Reviews of Jobnab.com," which details how they've contacted people and used their information for scams. Indeed.com even has a forum for scams and lists jobnab.com as one of them here: Denver, Coloardo Forum-Job Scams-Indeed.com

I quickly clicked unsubscribe from the email so I'm hoping that takes care of it.

I figured johnsonandarmelconsulting.com was a scam after doing a quick google search of "johnson and armel scam, and the the following site showed up: Johnson & Armel Consulting and Staffing Services Complaints - Scam, a site maintained by a complaints board. To read my encounter with them go here. 
To better protect yourself from scams you can visit the Better Business Bureau at bbb.com. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Samantha,

    At JobNab, we have job scouts that routinely search for jobs around the Internet and then repost them on our website. If you filled out a form at JobNab.com, for example, this would prompt us to email you based upon your interests.

    The only time we ever ask for serious personal information is when you opt to become a serious member of JobNab and start paying to see job listings.

    We never sell information.

    Other than that, we apologize if our contacting you was inconvenient.

    If you have any concerns that you'd like to discuss, please shoot an email over PR@SoftRock.org. We'd love to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us 2022 fake id

    ReplyDelete