Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Johnson and Armel is a Job SCAM

Today I was doing a job search on indeed.com for a call center position and was lead to this link: http://bellevue-wa.geebo.com/jobs-online/view/id/50005601-inbound_call_center_agent/?src=indeed&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed, which is Geebo.com, a claimed "safe community classifieds."

When I clicked on the Contact Information to send my resume it redirected me to http://www.johnsonandarmelconsulting.com/application2/app1.cfm?jobPositionID=12334, a Johnson and Armel Consulting and Staffing Services company. It is a very deceiving website because at first glance it actually looks legit.

The page gave information on the job you are applying to:

Category: Customer Service and Call Center
Description:
We offer great benefits and the ability to move ahead in a fast paced environment and a competitive hourly rate $10 - $13 per hour depending on experience.

Call Center Agents need to have a high school diploma or GED. Previous experience in a high volume inbound or outbound call center environment is highly desired but not required.


Then, it asks commonly asked questions in job applications such as name, address, phone number, email, resume attachment, education level, employment desired, education, currently working, that stuff.


So once, I filled everything out, it then told me to contact 1-877-659-0133 for a screening process. It also offered to schedule a time for the screening process if I was unavailable to do it at that time. I figured well, Wells Fargo had a similar process so it never crossed my mind that it wouldn't be legit.

Next, I call the number and a women answers doing the rundown on the screening process asking me typical questions like salary desired, experience, and address. I'm close to ending the conversation with the lady and then she asks me a question along the lines of "Mam, what if you were given an opportunity to go to school with all expenses paid, how likely would you be willing to do this." That's the head scratcher!! If you say yes, they transfer you to another person, I'm assuming the deal closer person who signs you up with a school matching your interests. I hung up quickly, disappointed that I already gave them all my information and wasted all that time with them.


I did a quick google search on this site and quickly found out this company was a scam. You can read details on them here: Johnson & Armel Consulting and Staffing Services Complaints - Scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment