Sunday, January 30, 2011

Trapper's Sushi in Covington Review


From Top to Bottom: Crystal Delite, Budda, and Timmy Rolls

It's no wonder people rave about Trapper's Sushi as the best sushi in the South King County area. They have exceptional customer service and sushi that tastes so fresh and unique than any other sushi restaurant. After trying this place for the first time, I was hooked. I will definitely be adding Trapper's as one of my go-to-craving restaurants. You get what you pay for here, as it is no $1.00 plate serve yourself Sushi Land stuff, and each roll is artfully hand-crafted to hit your every taste bud. So if you haven't tried it yet, I'd advise you to go.

Curb Appeal: I was immediately delighted to see the iridescent blue sign of the restaurant which reminded me of a downtown lounge/martini bar from outside, and although it's in the parking lot of a Kohl's, the curb appeal was still classy and conveniently located in South King County. Unfortunately, there is not one in the downtown Seattle area yet. The interior offers bar seating, regular tables, and booths with bright daylight lighting. They also have medium-to-large flat tv screens above where you can watch your favorite sport's shows.

Customer Service: Exceptional. As soon as you walk in, the hostess' booth is conveniently placed on the right side of the entrance, so you have two hostesses to greet you a warm welcome. I came on a Tuesday evening, around 6pm and was seated right away. As the evening went on the place got busier. I was delighted that our server quickly offered to take our drinks and without even asking, she told us what the day's Specials were and answered all of our questions with ingenuity. I was surprised how on top of her game she was, as I gabbled my life stories to a friend who sat across from me, not a second went by where I had to ask for another drink or refill. Even when we left, we were given a warm "good bye."

Food Quality: I think the presentation of the long rolls were phenomenal. Everything had amazing unique flavors and textures. I especially love my rolls with a crunchy coating and spicy inner. The Timmy long roll was huge, as you can see from the pic above, and hard to eat in one bite, but was delicious with its spicy crab tuna, salmon, yellowtail, coated with tempura and hot sauce.

Price: We ordered the Crystal Delite, Budda, and Timmy Rolls, averaging about $9 each. Edamame was $4. A few glasses of White Zinfandel was $4 each. So, the menu is not particularly expensive nor cheap but moderate with each entree costing about $10-15.

Specials/Happy Hour: All-You-Can-Eat Lunch $17.95 Dinner $26.95
Sunday Special $2 off when you wear any sports jersey

Website:http://www.trapperssushi.net/

Hours of Operation: Sunday-Thursday 11am-9pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-10pm

Phone: 253-981-3270

Address:
In Kohl's Parking Lot
16908 SE 269th Place
Covington WA 98042

For directions via Google Maps click here

Read other's reviews:

From UrbanSpoonTrapper Sushi on Urbanspoon
From Yelp
From CitySearch

If you are not in the Covington area, you can also visit the one in Bonney Lake or Puyallup.

No comments:

Post a Comment